Saturday, March 10, 2012

Thoughts On Preparing for Christ to Come Again


What believers should watch for (Mark 13):
Verse
Take Heed
Watch
5
No man deceive you (false Christ)

9
For yourselves, deliver you to councils, kings, rulers, etc.

23
For I have told you all these things

33

Watch and pray for you know not when the time is.
35

Because you don’t know when Christ is coming.
37

This is for everyone

Three things that believers should watch for are:
1. To see the signs of Christ coming again. It is important to look for Him to come in glory in the sky and not in secret places.
2. When they are called before high authorities to testify of what they know. They need to remember that persecution is for a testimony of Christ not for punishment for following Him.
3. Look for verses in the scriptures that explain what to look for in Christ’s coming. It is so important for the believers to know what to look for. I need to make sure that I am diligent in reading about these prophesies because I am “elect” and do not wish to be deceived.
Other scriptures that explain how to prepare:
D&C 87:8  Stand in holy places, but what are holy places? A holy place can be a church, school, temple, or even your own home. I think that your own home is the most important holy place to stand in. It must be a place free from Satan and his influences.
JS Matt 1:37  If I read the scriptures regularly then I won’t be one of the elect that are deceived. It is so important to make sure that I am always reading the scriptures for that is where the truth lies. Christ was very specific when He described His second coming and it is repeated everywhere so I know that this is the most important thing!
JS Matt 1: 46-50  If I thought there may be someone coming to harm me I would stay up all night to protect myself. The same must be true of my vigilance in keeping away spiritual dangers. For these are perilous times that I live in!
D&C 33:17  If I am obedient and pray often then I will always have the light of the Spirit there to help me discern between truth and error and between wrong and right. This is what it means to always have your lamp ready for who is our light but Christ and how is it manifest but through the Spirit?
D&C 45:56-57  This just confirms what I said about 33:17 it truly is so important to make sure that we are always close to the Spirit. This means that we MUST be ready and always willing to follow it! Also we must avoid everything that would drive away the Spirit. It is so important for me to not only keep the Spirit close, but also to invite it in more each day.

No comments: